As I was gearing up for the baby soirée, I realized my seating to tabletop ratio was lopsided to the point where I would find empty water bottles buried in between the couch cushions. Ok...not really, but it was getting close to that point.
Now and then we would use our 5 year old Ikea lack side tables as a temporary fix during movie nights, etc. but the ubiquitous cubed table stuck out like that guy who just got fired from Jet Blue at an employee of the month convention. To no one's surprise, paint called out to me as the perfect...and easy solution.
After a few minutes of online research, it was loud and clear that the secret to painting the lack series was to use primer. No sweat. This was going to be an easy breezy cover girl...until I noticed that the leftover can of primer stored in our garage was probably as old as the table. So, what the hay; I skipped the first, and most important, step and began to paint my primer sorrows away. Worst case scenario, I'd be out of a ten dollar table that I would have eventually tossed to the curb anyway.
Fast forward 2-3 coats of paint and approx 3 days of drying and there you are!
The painted tables alone were just alll riiight...that is until I went a bit further.
A little too predictable for our sake, but that's just how we roll nowadays.
Gotta use up that box of floppy disk somehow.