Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rolling With The Homies

Earlier this week, I engaged in a bit of small talk with an older woman sitting next to me at In & Out Burger, while we were waiting for our respective 'to-go order numbers' to be called out. Topic? Earthquake weather and purses. I know...sounds ridic but I somewhat believe in such a thing as 'earthquake weather' and right now, it's the talk of the town.

In my last post I mentioned the eerie summer temps hitting the southland, but this week, we were hit with rainy-chicken-pot-pie weather. I'll take that..with a side of hot chocolate...no, no better yet, champurrado! Shoooot..I even thought about pulling the snuggie out of hibernation. The rain called out for my fav boots (in the hunt for a new black pair...tips are welcomed!) So, the boots officially came out of the closet and I completely forgot about this neato tip I spied over at Deliciously Organized a few months back.


Rolled up magazines tucked in boots help these babies stand at attention! Another storage solution for my ancient magazines I just can't bare to throw out....just yet...cross my heart.

7 comments:

  1. Totally random comment- But I have been singing "rolling with the homies" all week ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    Love your blog, and your style.
    In case you can't bear to have your favourite magazines out of sight, here's another tip for achieving the same result:

    http://just-you-wait.blogspot.com/2009/10/stand-tall.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love with what comes with cooler temps...soups, hot coco, BOOTS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super good idea, those boots look cute! I like the color

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous of those boots. I've been on the hunt for a good pair and will have to commit this trick to memory. Isn't fall the best?! Crock pots and cardigans and cider, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute boots, they look super tall from that angle!

    This may be a stupid question, but what exactly is champurrado?

    ReplyDelete