Monday, November 1, 2010

Not So Sexy Hooter

Mrs. M.I.A. here. 

Crossing my fingers hoping I can keep up the Humble Ablog posts on a more regular basis, before it turns into 'no man's land'. Looks like my pocket-camera and I need to be joined at the hip once again. Having said that, I did manage to summon the old pal late last night, for a few pics, after Chris and I were completely cleaned out of candy by the plethora of trick-o-treaters gallivanting the neighborhood.


I'd like to say thanks to this tutorial, for the instructions on a DIY owl costume. Soooo it's suppose to be a kids costume...however I did the adult thing and stitched the "fabric feathers" in lieu of using glue as recommended. I also managed to prick myself more than a few times. Totally worth it. 

18 comments:

  1. Adorable! And we have TONS of candy left over, despite Teri and Carolyn's best efforts to encourage kids to trick-or-treat on our street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, you looked so cute! So what did Chris dress up as? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, thanks gals...and boy. :)

    @Amanda: Chris didn't dress up this year. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is adorable!! Good for you for making a cute and classy costume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been on here in forever! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you just use a shirt? Looks longer than a tshirt. Curious as to what you used.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lauren: I used a long sleeved turtleneck dress that I found at Forever 21. I think I paid $10 for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info! All the sites Ive found say to use a pillow case but Im too big for a pillowcase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. One more question...did you do the front and back with the "feathers"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The goal was to do both sides, but I only had time to finish the front side. Hope your costume turns out great!

      Delete
  10. Yeah, Ive been scrambling to do a costume to wear with my son when we go trick or treating but everything is so expensive. I was gonna do a fairy costume because its cheap but its just not my style. The owl is so cute. So I was thinking of wearing my leggings and somehow creating this owl style top. It should be fun! Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete