Thursday, December 31, 2009

Farewell Oh Nine

One of the best things about having my own place is the ability to party like it's 1999! Tonight we are hosting our very first NYE dinner party shindig with a few close friends. We've only hosted a few get togethers this past year; mostly because I thought our house wasn't quite ready for its debutante ball. Is it ever too late to throw a housewarming party...say a year and a half later? Oh well. Only recently I realized our home will most likely never be "ready" but always a "a work in progress." 

I will be cooking all day today (wish me luck!) and incase I pull a Monica (remember the Friends episode where Monica caters her parents party and a glittery blue press-on nail fell in the quiche batter ruining the entire tarts? Her mother then pulls out frozen lasagnas from the freezer in case when she screws up aka 'pull a Monica'?) Well, I've got a couple of Digiorno pizza's in the freezer just in case.

Is it crazy to bake a dessert I've never made before?? Probably, but I couldn't resist not to try out this delicious-to-my-eyes recipe via SmittenKitchen. 


                                          ::image via smittenkitchen::

I hope everyone out in the blogosphere has a safe and happy night! Let's make twenty-ten be the best year yet!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Amanda! The apple cake was delicious!! It was SUPER easy to make and it even came out looking exactly like the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that cake looks GOOD! Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad your cake came out well. I bet your party was a blast. Yay for 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year amiga to you and Chris and Uncle Kitty at your OWN PLace:)

    ReplyDelete