Monday, November 16, 2009

Family Room: Before and After

It has been two months since I first posted and introduced the Family Room Project and boy oh boy does it feel great to say we're (almost) done. The fact of the matter is, the foundation of the room is prepared for the furnishings. After many distractions and trips to the Home Depot, I can safely roll around in the Family Room with grace and style. 

:: Before ::
The oddly shaped room, atrocious linoleum floor, dreary off-white walls and the gold bulbous wicker/wood ceiling fan.

Entrance
 


To the left...



To the right...



And from behind


The square pattern on the wall was our toughest challenge yet. We made some poor paint choices such as Behr's "Squirrel" which looked like day-old guacamole (sorry Chris) and promptly painted over it.

Our carpet was installed over the weekend and because we chose a pattern design, the process was a lengthy one.  

Drumroll...

:: After ::




 

  

  

 

Now comes the expensive part...

8 comments:

  1. It looks great!! The pattern on the wall is fantastic. You guys do good work. I can't wait to see it all furnished. I don't want to bring up a sore subject, but what is happening with the "tabar"??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Can't wait for the expensive part ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome! So unique. I look forward to seeing it with the furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE IT !! I LIKE IT WITHOUT FURNITURE. THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES ! NO CLUTTER !GREAT JOB !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! It looks really good!

    One question: did you paint (or are you painting) the outlet covers? I noticed one was already painted gray and it looks really good!
    I always wonder what to do with them...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Teri: No "tabar" in MY future...but Chris is still fighting for it.

    @Kasey & Flavia: I'll bet ya' "Good Home Furniture"(store) can't wait for the expensive part either ^_^

    @C-Bo: Chris is really opposed to clutter, but that might be taking it to the extreme. Also...the aforementioned "Good Home Furniture" people probably wouldn't be too thrilled.

    @Jenn: I think Chris accidentally painted over that gray one [it was too hard to get off (that's what she said)]...we're probably going to get some metal covers. I bet it could look pretty good if you spray painted them though, maybe we'll try that on something one day.

    ReplyDelete