Wednesday, March 24, 2010

...The Lines Are Our Friends

Now that the Lego Project is officially crossed off our twenty-ten projects/goals list, we're back to focusing on (fake) Oscar's room.


You are probably wondering why we haven't posted a full room view (and if you're a LOST fan, you're also probably wondering about Richard's permanent eyeliner secret). Well that's because Chris wants to "stage" the room before the reveal... and when I say "stage" I mean moving (all) of our current master bedroom furniture into the room. I bet you dollars to donuts, he just wants another excuse for a workout.

But that doesn't mean I can't show you the vigorous process.

Remember our inspiration?


Well it involved A LOT of tedious (and steady) taping...threefold.

Magenta

Cyan


Yellow

Tomorrow, let's talk about accessories.

8 comments:

  1. i love this soooo much! can't wait to see it finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your lines are so perfect using the blue painter's tape! I've never had that much luck - usually a splotch of paint wants to creep out.

    Have you ever tried Frog Tape? A wee bit more expensive, but it's so worth the headaches you save! This would be the perfect project for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually...Dolores is only half right. I do want to move a lot of our bedroom furniture into this room. But I don't think it's called staging if it stays in the room.

    Then we can get different furniture for our room.

    At that point I think it's called a "hand me down"; and since all of our bedroom pieces of furniture already are "hand me downs", I figure...why break the cycle now?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room looks great. Chris should just let you guys post pictures of it already. The suspense is killing others, not me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO, how much patience does it take to do all of that measuring, taping and painting? I don't think I could ever do what you did. All of these projects have been so tedious! But you come through like champs every time. Your house is almost like a museum!

    Let's totally talk about accessories. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow, you must be a very patient person. That looks so neat, but I can only imagine how long it took. Yikes.

    Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, ha! My husband cannot watch LOST without commenting on Richards eyeliner. Your lines are looking pretty awesome--looking forward to the reveal.

    ReplyDelete